Finally, the time has come to start our giveaway! We apologize for the huge delay, we had a bit of a hiccup with one of the online orders. But all is well now and we can begin!
First of all, THE PRIZES!!!
2 identical prizes will be raffled away. 1 for a lucky duck in the United States and 1 for a lucky duck outside of the United States. The winners will not be responsible for any shipping costs. But I do have to say that unfortunately for the International winner, you might have to cover import fees if customs catches the package? I'm not really sure how that works. But I've heard that sometimes people who order any goods from a U.S. e-tailer have had to pay customs to get the package. As much as I hate the idea of this happening, it is out of our hands. But here's what each prize consists of:
Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock
OPI Color To Diner For
Orly Fowl Play
Orly Stone Cold
Orly Meet Me Under The Mistletoe
China Glaze Ahoy
Sephora by OPI Spark-tacular! Top Coat
3 Color Shifting Pigments already in nail polish form. 1 each of Gold to Green, Copper Red to Green, Emerald Green to Violet.
Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure
Seche Vite mini bottle
Each item is brand new. Everything in this prize is either something that Jan or myself purchased. We are not sponsored and neither is this giveaway. We just want to show our appreciation by sharing our love of nail polish with you guys!
All this extra time while waiting for the prize to be complete has given us more time to discuss how we want to do this and refine a few things. Here's the lowdown.
1. You must be atleast 18 years old or have your parents' permission to enter. Keep in mind that you will need to give us your name and address, which is why we have this requirement. We wouldn't want anyone getting into trouble and on that same note, we will not sell or giveaway anyone's information to anyone. Once the contest is over, it will all be deleted.
2. Entries will be accepted for 1 week. So you have until Friday September 30th at Midnight (MDT) to enter. After that time I will close the entry for comments.
3. To enter you will need to post a comment in the designated area with your first name, e-mail address, blogger name, twitter name (if applicable) and country of residence. Comments will be screened so that only Jan and I will be able to see your information. Only 1 comment entry per person.
4. Each contestant has the opportunity to have 4 tickets in the raffle:
- 1 Just for entering the Giveaway!
- 1 Following our blog
- 1 Following our Twitter
- 1 for either retweeting our Giveaway announcement or posting our giveaway on your blog.
If you follow us by email and not Google Friend Connect please let us know in your entry comment as this will count for 1 entry as if you follow us on Google Friend Connect.
All comments must be made here. You don't have to have a livejournal account to comment. I have it set up so that it will accept anonymous posts, but I believe you might need an OpenID account. Not sure about that yet. When you comment, there should be a drop down menu with a pencil on it, go to the drop down menu and choose whichever icon you have an account with.
The drawings for the winners will be held on the Sunday morning following the closing of the contest (Basically, Sunday October 3rd). It will be filmed and uploaded to YouTube, then posted here on this blog and the winners will be contacted via e-mail.
I think that's it really. We truly appreciate you guys sticking with us. I know we're not the coolest blog and to be honest, we never thought we'd get so many followers. This all started out of a friendly discussion about our polishes and love for polish (and makeup) and thinking we could probably do a good job of showing it all to help others make better purchase decisions. Jan and I both loved seeing swatches and hearing about formulas before so this seemed a natural thing for us to do. We hope you've enjoyed the ride thus far and that you stick around. So I guess what I'm trying to say is Thank You :D
Editing to add this little tidbit - You do not need a livejournal or OpenID account to leave your comment on that entry. I went through the settings and made sure anonymous comments are allowed. I even went through the process and posted an anonymous comment myself just now. It will take you to the page confirming you want to post it anonymously a couple of times, but it will still let you. To the public, it will show no comments, but Jan and I both see them, so don't worry if you think it didn't post it!