June 23, 2012

Janimal's nail care routine

I don't know why I haven't done this sooner, but here are the products I use!

All the Qtica products can be found at Zoya.com. I have listed where to purchase the rest after the pictures. I also wanted to quickly mention what polish removers I use as I did not take a picture of them. I use pure acetone for clean up and switch between Zoya Remove+ and Onyx Professional, which can be found at Walmart. I use the purple moisturizing formula one.


Qtica Sugar Scrub in grapefruit. It smells nice and makes my hands feel nice and smooth. I mainly use the brush to clean under my nails and to clean off the cuticle remover I use. They are disposable, so I use them a few times and then toss them.


Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover. I use this once every two weeks. I just apply a little bit to each finger, then use a wooden stick to push back my cuticles. I would not recommend using a metal cuticle pusher. I tried one out for a while and even using it lightly damaged my nails. The wooden ones are cheap and you can buy them in bulk.


Lather AHA Hand Cream and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. I don't use the AHA that often but I still like it. I have tried a few AHA cremes in the past and I like this one best. The smell is the least offensive to me. haha. I have gone through so many tubs of the Ultra Repair Cream! It is my favorite moisturizer. It has a sort of waxy feel that makes your hands feel soft and keeps the moisture in. I don't just use it for my hands. I also use it as my face moisturizer as well. I can't recommend this one enough! I purchased the AHA creme from Amazon and the repair cream from Sephora.


Nail files and clean up brushes. Lately, I have been having to file down once a week. I use a fine grit cushioned emery board for the majority of the length and then use a glass file for shaping. I use the Sephora and Essie glass files. I use an Elf brush for clean up. They are only a dollar and I can just toss them when they get ruined.


Gelous and Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator. NNGS saved my nails. I used to get chips, breaks, and peels all the time. I have been using this for a few years now and never get peels or chips. I really like Gelous as a basecoat as well. It helps add some thickness to prevent staining and thickness to hopefully prevent me from breaking my nails when I ram them into things...which tends to happen more often than I'd like to admit. Gelous can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply.


Rescue Beauty Lounge topcoat and Nails Inc Kensington Topcoat Caviar. I really wish RBL topcoat was cheaper because I love it so much. It is $18 and is 12mL instead of the standard 15mL. It is quick drying without the shrinkage, although not as fast as Seche Vite. I also really like the Nails Inc topcoat. It is very fast drying but also thin. I tend to only use it for cremes and shimmers. I have been having problems with it bubbling, but a friend informed me that it is probably due to adding thinner to it. Something to be concerned about if you choose to try this topcoat out. She recommended having two bottles and topping off the bottle you use to slow the thickening. Nails Inc Kensington Topcoat Caviar can be found at Sephora.


Qtica Intense Cuticle Repair Balm and SpaRitual Cuti-cocktail. I use the balm multiple times a day. It really brings my cuticles back to life when they are all dried out. I've gone through lots of these. I keep one in my purse, at work, and at home! I mostly use the cuticle oil while swatching. The acetone will dry out my cuticles after a while and this one absorbs nicely without feeling greasy. I also really like the smell, which is rare for me as I do not like scented lotions. I also like that it comes in a dropper and not a brush.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment