August 11, 2011

Good news at the Zoo!!!

We tried to surprise the kids with a fun thing to do before school starts for them. So we took them to the Zoo. Sadly the eldest is a bit of a sneak and he already knew from overhearing our conversation last night when he should have been asleep! So, it wasn't that much of a surprise when we pulled in at 9 this morning and they just couldn't wait to tell us they already knew. Next time we'll need to be sure they're really asleep before we discuss any Top Secret plans we have.

Either way, thinking about the Zoo animals made me remember a line my Dad used to ask me when I was little. Are Zebras white with black stripes or black with white stripes?? As a kid, I always had the answers and I always told him with certainty that they were both. Some were black with white stripes and some were white with black stripes. Everyone's different and that rule applies to the animals. Of course, everything is so simple when you're a child. So I asked my kids today and they said it didn't matter, they're all the same. Not the answer I was looking for, but atleast they have their own minds, right?

So in honor of their answer, I decided to try something with crackle. I alternated colors on my nails with black and grey, then putting grey crackle over black and black crackle over grey. The result, well, here it is:

I used OPI's Black Shatter, OPI Black Onyx, China Glaze Recycle and China Glaze Cracked Concrete. Sorry it's a bit washed out, I used my phone for that picture and the flash is super powerful!

All in all, they don't look exactly the same to me. Especially hard for me since I can never get an even crackle effect. Plus, the colors weren't exact matches of grey. But still, I presented my hand to the kids and asked what color they were. I was a bit disappointed when they said they were all the same. Oh well. Here's a picture of the Zebras today!


Now on to the good news! I received a phone call while at the Zoo today, so I didn't answer cause I couldn't hear my phone over all the noise. But listening to the voicemail just made my day that much sweeter.

It was a call from Renee at the Make Up Store in Colorado. I placed an order with them a couple of months ago for some of their polishes. Just a recap, here's what I got from them:

From L-R: Alma, Britta, Greta, Madeleine, Siw and the Aqua Fix Base Coat.

And you can see when I used Siw on my underwater makeup look if you click here.

Well apparently, she called to notify me that on the 24th of this month their nail polishes will be 40% off. That's right, 40% off. So instead of $14 each, they'll be $8.40 a pop. Plus, it's free shipping over $50. Considering I loved their holo polishes and their aqua fix base coat for the holos, I am for sure planning to get another bottle of each of the holos, plus an aqua fix and a couple of others. You can google search their nail polishes for swatches on other blogs or you can just look at what they have to offer on their website.

If you'd be interested in placing an order, you can call ahead to see if they can hold the items for you or just call on the 24th and place the order, although there's no guarantee that the item you want may be in stock by then. Just in case you're interested, their info is as follows:

Phone #: (303) 708-0086

Located at the Park Meadows Mall
8425 Park Meadows Center Drive, Suite 105
Lone Tree, CO 80124

Please note, I am in no way affiliated with the Make Up Store. If you order, I don't receive any sort of compensation or free items or anything. Any items of theirs I have, I either purchased from them or were gifted in a swap. I am only trying to pass along the savings here! :D With that said, are you planning on getting anything? I plan to also get Marcus and Paula. Asun looked interesting but a bit boring in a swatch I saw online. Some of them look promising, so if I like their cremes, hopefully I'll venture some more into their other colors.

That's it from me for today. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you guys are doing well and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the manicure!!! I love the "reverse" crackle look!

    ReplyDelete