December 29, 2010

Attempted Gradient!

Hey Everyone! Today's offering is an attempt I made at doing a purple glitter gradient with China Glaze Fairy Dust and my Purple Jelly Franken (still officially unnamed). I also added some glow in the dark stickers to try and make it somewhat cute.

In direct sunlight


In the shade

Blurry a bit
Overall, it looked a lot better in real life. But I'm sure you hear that all the time, right? ;) Anyway, I wanted to thank you guys for your patience with me. I've been really heartbroken and busy here at home. Remember I told you guys my kids had a stomach virus? Well, my 2 year old kept getting worse. I mean, a lot worse. So when I took him back to the clinic, the doctor had some suspicions about a different problem and sent us to get an outpatient ultrasound. Sure enough, my baby had an intussusception. That's just a big word to say that a part of his intestine collapsed into itself. Apparently it's not too common. But when it does occur it's usually in babies who have had a stomach virus. Go figure.

They had to perform a procedure on him and he got to stay at the hospital. Which honestly, was only bad at night. He was so homesick and missed his brothers and bed. He didn't understand why He and I stayed but everyone else left. It was so truly heartbreaking. My savior was that the children's ward has a few things for kids to do. One being a video game play area. They had 4 stations set up, which were empty at night. So he got to try to play video games with one hand. He had an IV in the other, so everything he did was one handed. Here he is in his little gown hiding his IV hand:

They also had another room set up with fish tanks, wooden toys and a movie station. Plus, they had art rooms as well. Overall, they had enough to try and keep him busy. He didn't make it easy on anyone! But he's a trooper. He handled the procedure and IV really well. Anyhow, he's still suffering some side effects from that Trauma (he's a bit of a drama king) so I've been super busy giving him and his brothers the attention they need right now. But I do have nail pictures I need to post. Hopefully in the next few days I'll be able to get them up here for you guys!

Until I can visit again, I hope you all are doing well, enjoying the holidays and that you and your families are healthy and happy! Have a goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope the little guys gets well soon. You will both be home before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, Danielle! I hope you have a Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete