January 9, 2012

Layering some Nicki Minaj OPIs

This weekend my local beauty supply store got the Nicki Minaj Collection. Minus the green one. So I picked up 4 of the 5 colors they had, leaving the pink one behind. Today I'm using 3 - Fly, Save Me and Super Bass Shatter. Fly is AMAZING! No, seriously, it is a one coater. The formula on this is so smooth and practically applied itself as well!

Here it is indoors


Out in direct sunlight




Quick Video


And just in case you're curious, here is Fly all by itself without any topcoat or anything.

Overall, I'm glad I got these. Tonight I'm going to put on Metallic 4 Life so I can post it tomorrow. Hopefully Holland gets here quickly, cause I'm wanting that contrasting shimmer something fierce! That's it from me for today. I hope you're all doing well, enjoying your Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I just got Fly, Save Me & Metallic 4 Life - not so sure what I am going to do with the last one from just now playing with it - going to take some ideas on that one for me. I also initially passed on the Pink Friday in this collection because I was sure I could pull out a pink I have - maybe won't be a cream but was thinking OPI Italian Love Affair is always a good light pink to work with. There are so many of that same pink shade out there - surprising they decided to pull it in other than to give a whole pink/gray thing that have to say is a nice combo this time of year - gray/black still pulls in enough winter - but the pink with them is a softening touch helping lead into spring which of course we all will have some new spring shades to pick up here soon but I for one need to wear a winter full of untrieds before I get going on spring to summer shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like fly its pretty i had said i wasnt gonna purchase any of these but maybe just fly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ beachgal - I haven't tried on Metallic 4 Life, but from what I've seen in other swatches, it looks pretty sheer. perhaps layering over black would help to get the color wanted in less coats? But I was disappointed we got the pink creme instead of the pink holo. :(

    @ ♥ beauxs mom - I also wasn't too hyped for this collection, until I saw it at the store. But I got even more excited when I put Fly on because it has such an awesome formula! Seriously, it's like butter! I hope you get it and it works out for you :D

    Thank you both for stopping by and have a wonderful night! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how Save me looks over Fly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome! Great combos and overall look of the manicure!

    ReplyDelete