October 19, 2011

OPI Animal-istic

I am the GREAT LAMINA!!! You guys remember that, don't you?? Ok, well, today I have on OPI's Animal-istic. I have to say, this polish is pretty beautiful! Once I put it on, I thought, hmm, this looks familiar. But I'll get to that in a minute. For now, here's Animal-istic.

Direct Sunlight


In the shade

That full sunlight pic, doesn't it kind of remind you of Orly's Emberstone?? Well, I thought it did. So I did a quick comparison. Here's the results of that.

Direct Sunlight
Emberstone, Animal-istic, Emberstone, Animal-istic



In the shade


My conclusion? While they're a bit similar, they're not dupes at all. Emberstone is what Animal-istic would be if it were on steroids. They have some of the same golden and pink shimmer, but that's about where the similarities end. At first I thought Emerstone might be a more orange red than Animal-istic. But after swatching, I think that might be attributed to the amount of shimmer in it. Here's a quick video of the two. Same order as the photos.


Ok, well that's it from me for today. I hope you're doing well and enjoying your week so far!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this one too. I was really shying away from reds before this collection so I was actually pleased to have the few reds that came with it. I know most people were not so enthusiastic.

    You are making me think I need Emberstone! Actually.. I think I need that whole Orly collection :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. both gorgeous, emberstone looks more like the dazzling zoya type shimmers. Wonder how emberstone compared to Kimmy now that i think of that hmmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ beauxs mom and Polish AMOR, Thank you!

    Reeces, yes, the Mineral FX Collection, although I liked them all, Emberstone and Stone Cold were my favorites! I hope you do get Emberstone atleast :D

    Crystal, I don't have Kimmy unfortunately but it does look like they have the same type shimmer formula! Hmm, I may need to place another Zoya order soon :p

    Thanks everyone for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete