February 16, 2011

Sea Turtles and Hearts!

Hello. Today I have no polish for you. Sorry :( Instead I bring you the 2 newest members of my makeup collection. First up will be the Chantecaille Sea Turtles Palette. This lovely thing has been taunting me since December when I saw Temptalia's post about the Chantecaille Spring Collection.

Now, I decided to jump on this for 2 reasons. The first reason being that back when Chantecaille released Sylvie's Personal Palette (which you can see here even though it's no longer available), I wanted it but decided to wait until I saw several swatches. Well, by the time I saw enough decent swatches, it was sold out. So, yeah, I waited too long and I've been bummed about it ever since.

The second reason is because it's adorable! I mean, look at it. The turtles on the product definitely make this 20 times more appealing, don't they? I mean, don't get me wrong, the colors are pretty, but nothing spectacular. And in my opinion they lean more on the warm side, which would not work for everyone, right? Thankfully I'm neutral to warm and can pull almost anything off. So, this time I said, no more Chantecaille regret. Anyway, enough with the jibber jabber, here are the pictures!


Here I have a size comparison with a MAC eyeshadow pan. The Chantecaille pans are 3g!
The stand out colors in the palette for me are the blush and the blackened green for sure! What do you guys think, wearable for you? The palette retails for $79 on the Chantecaille website and 5% of the proceeds are going to WIDECAST to help with Sea Turtle conservation. It doesn't seem like a lot, but if you take into consideration all the palettes that are being sold, it's probably going to be a nice contribution altogether.

And now moving on! I also took advantage of Amazon's Gold Box deal of the day a while back and got a Stila Make Me Blush Palette (not the set with lip glazes that was sold at Sephora) for $14. That's the retail price for the blush, but for some reason Amazon is selling it for $24. Regardless, I am an Amazon Prime member and the 2 day shipping is really awesome and worth the membership fees if you ask me. It's already paid itself and more. But back on topic, unfortunately, my first one arrived broken. So today I got the new one. And it is so cute! Well worth it if you ask me, because it is 9g for $14.

If you want to take advantage of the retail price, I'd suggest checking your local Sephora (my Sephora inside JCPenney had this in stock) and Ulta or you can purchase it online at the Macy's website since it is sold out on the Stila website. I've seen some websites suggest the Physician's Formula Happy Boosters blush as a good/less expensive substitute but in my opinion they're not. If you just want something with the hearts design, then yes the Physician's Formula might be good for you. But if you're like me and you're a coral blush fiend then the Physician's Formula will not do as theirs is Rose, not coral like the Stila.

But check it out. This blush is crazy cute and the hearts aren't just the colors, they're etched into the product.
Look at the different colored hearts. The gold is just overspray and I imagine wiill go away with use to unveil colored hearts. But so far I only see 3 colors, pink, peachy pink and red.
Look at how raised these hearts are.
And this is what it looks like with the 3 hearts swirled together.

So that's it! What do you guys think? Did you also purchase these? Do you like them? Do you plan to get them? Or are you just not into them? I'd like to know your opinions! I have nothing else to show you for today so I hope you guys are happy to get over 'hump' day, thank you for stopping by and have a nice evening!

1 comment: