February 21, 2011

Comparison: Revlon Perplex Vs. Chanel Paradoxal and a small haul :D

Hidey-Ho Neighbor-inos! Well today I have a couple of things to tell you about. First I'll show you my haul from yesterday. It was a teeny tiny one and I'm ashamed to admit that I only went shopping because I have no patience for things ordered online.

So first I guess I should tell you that I'm even more obsessed with makeup than I am with nail polish. Although my makeup spending has drastically reduced, I have enough to last me a few lifetimes :( So I'll spare you the makeup I got at the Sephora inside my JCPenney. But instead show you the OPIs I got at the salon inside JCPenney. I was really surprised they had some Katy Perrys left and the Texas collection. In fact, they had a full display of the Katy Perrys, it just wasn't full with all the colors. Teenage Dream and Black Shatter were completely out, but the slots were filled with Not Like The Movies and Last Friday Night. I snatched up the last one of The One That Got Away. It's so pretty in real life!

Also, they were having a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off on all OPIs at the salon as well, so I got 4 total at JCPenney.

From L-R: Not Like The Movies, Last Friday Night, The One That Got Away, It's Totally Fort Worth It
I also went to Ulta to claim my reward certificate. They didn't have any Katy Perrys left at all, but they did have the Serena Williams duo with Black Shatter and Simply Smash-ing!. They had also just put out the China Glaze Crackle Glaze Collection and were running low on the Texas collection. So here's what I ended up with from Ulta:

L-R: China Glaze Black Mesh, OPI Houston We Have A Purple, Austin-Tatious Turquoise, Simply Smash-ing! and Black Shatter.
Now, on to the comparison! I've been meaning to do this for a while! It's Chanel Paradoxal and Revlon Perplex. I just wanted to apologize first for the sheet marks on one nail. Apparently I didn't wait long enough to go to sleep after I put these on :(

But moving right along! Both pictures are out in direct sunlight. The order of the polishes is (from L-R) Perplex, Paradoxal, Perplex, Paradoxal.


These are so close! The only difference that I could see was that the Revlon seems to be more pigmented than the Chanel. In these pictures the Revlon is 2 coats and the Chanel is 3. It still seems like the base color on the Revlon might be darker, but I honestly think it's just the whole pigmentation factor.

In real life, nobody could tell I had on 2 different colors. They look pretty much identical to the naked eye. So if you have Perplex and can't justify spending the money on Paradoxal, then don't worry about it, you've got a pretty good dupe! My local Ulta still has tons of the Revlons. But I've also heard of people finding them at their local Big Lots for $1. So, it might be worth a shot to check that out if you still don't own this but want it!

Well, that's about it from me for today! Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope this was helpful. Expect to see a few more haul posts within the next week and a half or so as my online orders from last week should start coming in soon ;) Have a wonderful and safe evening and hope to see you again!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have found shattered at my Ulta. Congrats on your haul.

    ReplyDelete