January 31, 2012

Gettin' funky with magnets!

For the past couple of days I've been playing around with China Glaze's Magnetix collection and have had horrid results with the magnet. Finally, I had an idea that made me not hate the magnet so much - a Funky French! 2 in one month?? That's unheard of! But I'm pretty proud of this one. I still can't draw on even and straight lines to save my life. But it doesn't bother me very much.

What I did here is used Essie's Tennis Corset as a base, then layered 1 coat of American Apparel's Meteor Shower on top. Once that was all dry, I drew on the black tips and put China Glaze's Cling On over the black. Well, most of it anyway :p Then used the star design on it. Not very uniform, but I think it came out pretty nicely. What do you guys think?






Quick Video

Also, just in case you're wondering what it looked like with just the black tip, I took a few pictures of it. My hands were wet because I'd just washed my hands, so please excuse the water droplets and lack of moisture around my heinous cuticles.




Well, that's it from me for today! I've modified the magnet and am in the process of learning how to properly use it. It seems so easy, but there's definitely a learning curve, I think. Regardless, thanks for stopping by! I hope you're all doing well and having a wonderful day!

13 comments:

  1. I love Meteor Shower!! Also, this is the first time I've seen magnetic polish on the tips. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jill, thank you, I'm glad you like the idea and Meteor Shower :D I wasn't sure how this would turn out, if I'd even get a decent pattern on the tips! But thanks for stopping by and have a great day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super col idea for the new magnetic polishes! Haven't tried my Icing ones or the ChG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool idea to use the magnetic polish for the tips only!! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking something like this would be neat, but I couldn't do just the tips, my nails aren't that long. Something diagonal will be better on me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is something different and unique! Very cool idea! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out great, I've yet to see a funky french with magnetic polish. Everyone's still just trying to get the hang of doing it over the whole nail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://psychonails.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative with magnetic polish!!!! I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fantastic, great & original idea!

    ReplyDelete