September 4, 2011

OPI Hearts DKMS swatches!

I was a bit surprised to find these at my Ulta yesterday. There weren't many left and the display was really small. So I got one of each. I would have gotten more close up pictures, but as soon as I took this one, the girl behind the counter yelled, 'Ms., you can't take pictures in the store!' I was like, 'Are you serious?' I've taken several pictures over the years of displays at Ulta and even asked permission a few times, never did anyone have a problem with it. Oh well.


 Here are some quick swatches. I do apologize for the quality. I didn't use any basecoat or topcoat because I didn't plan to keep these on. Plus, I had some sharpie on my nails (it's a long story. let's just say my kids had fun) and thought I had gotten rid of it all. But apparently I didn't do such a great job :(



But first up, here is Mani Ways to Help. This is a sheer, sheer shimmery white. It would be great for layering. I wanted you to see the actual color, so I didn't put on a base of white. Which would have been a good idea. But you can see, even after 5 thin coats there's still visible nail line.I would say this is tiny silver glass flecks in a sheer white base.



Here it is on a nail wheel compared to ChG White Kwik Silvr (left) and ChG Frosty (right). Each are 3 coats on the nail wheel.

Now here is my favorite of the 2, Red-y For The Cure. Unfortunately I could not quite capture this one out in the sun because it's a jellyish red. I say jellyish because it's quite opaque for a jelly. But I do believe it's jellyish. I used 3 coats and just for the heck of it, I layered one thin coat of Revlon's Watermelon Fizz to my middle finger.

This is indoors by my window

This is right underneath my lightbox's lamp

This red is beautiful! I'm a big red fan. I find it classic and pretty :) I also made a video, but please keep in mind that the red looks washed out due to being in direct sunlight and my camera.


To my understanding, the proceeds from the sales of these two polishes will be donated to DKMS. Apparently they are a national bone marrow donor center. You can read more on it here on Wikipedia and here on GetSwabbed.org.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you're all enjoying your Labor Day Weekend and hope to see you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Great polishes! I can't believe she told you that you couldn't take photos in the store. That is strange!

    ReplyDelete