January 7, 2011

Fearless Fog!

So lastnight I made an unplanned trip to Walfart in hopes of finding some Essie. Much to my dismay, there was none at my store yet.

There was however a brand new display for Sally Hansen. It was on an end cap and it was the nailgrowth miracle colors and the real nail polish strips (I call them faux minx). 2 colors immediately caught my eye, a light minty green with shimmer and a taupe creme. I don't know about you, but I like to check polishes before I buy them to make sure they don't have polish all over the neck. Unfortunately all of the green ones had gobs of polish on their necks, so I left them there. But there was one that had nothing on it of Fearless Fog. So this little beauty came home with me.

I have to say, I know it's not the most original color. But, for a self professed brown hater, these taupe colors are starting to grow on me! I also must note that I really need to start wearing my glasses out in public. Because at the store, I thought this was called Fearless Frog. It wasn't until this morning when I was taking pictures of the polish that I noticed it says Fog, not Frog!


Direct Sunlight


In the shade

Application on this was a dream! Very even, smooth and so pigmented it could have very easily been a one coater if I had been more neat. The brush is the same wide brush that's in the Complete Salon Manicure polishes as well. Only thing that really bothered me was the price to be honest. I think $5.50 is a bit much! In fact, I'm beginning to think a lot of drugstore nail polishes are getting too expensive! Of course I'm cheap, so you might not feel the same.

But it's that same cheapness that did not allow me to buy one of the faux minx Sally has to offer. Although one did catch my eye! It's called Frock Star. But like I said, I'm cheap and $8.50 seemed a bit much for me to get one. Here are a couple of bad phone pics I took of this Frock Star.


Looks nice and glittery, huh? I may cave someday. But lastnight was not the night. Alrighty, well it is Friday so don't forget to place your Zoya order before 11:59 p.m. EST tonight!

Also, before I forget, the Barielle Website is having free shipping right now until the 9th of January. No minimum. The polishes are $8 on the site, but they're buy 2 get 1 free. So if you get 3, it's like you're paying just a little bit over $5 each since shipping is free. Which is still a bit cheaper than getting them at Ulta where they cost $6 each and Elle's Spell is still in stock online as far as I can tell. So if you missed out, go order it now!

If you visit the website, don't be discouraged by the banner that says free shipping over $50. Put a polish in your cart and you'll notice it says shipping is free! So make sure you take advantage of the no minimum free shipping :D

Well, that's it from me for today. I hope you guys are getting lots of new goodies to enjoy! Until next week, have a fun and safe weekend!

1 comment: