August 11, 2010

Deborah Lippmann took me Across The Universe

So despite my new hate relationship with Nordstrom, I did receive my ATU intact. So, I had to use it! Unlike most other reviews, I found this extremely hard to remove and decided to try something different. I put on 2 coats of OPI's Catch Me In Your Net underneath 2 very thin coats of ATU.

And although it's not so blatantly obviously different, it does give it a more 'shimmer from within' effect. Plus, it was even harder to remove with CMIYN underneath. I had to use the foil method to completely remove all the polish from my nails cause my tubby sponge and cottonballs were not cutting it :(

Without further ado, here is quite possibly one of the prettiest polishes I own, Across The Universe!

In the shade


In direct sunlight

Honestly, there's nothing bad to say about the look of this polish. I've worn it alone and over CMIYN and it's simply gorgeous. My only complaint of course is that it took forever to take the big hex glitters off. The jelly polish itself came off easily, but those glitters stayed on my nail like they were glued in place :(

Still, this polish, as stubborn as it is is so gorgeous, I couldn't stop staring at my nails at different angles to see the green or the blue at times. If you missed out from Nordies, don't worry, it's already available for pre-order on the Deborah Lippmann website and my new favorite website to purchase from (www.whatshebuys.com) will have both ATU and Bad Romance in stock in early September. So if you like free shipping with no minimum, same or next day shipping and can wait until September to get your hands on these bad boys, I'd say order from there!

Well that's it from me for today. Thanks for tuning in, have a great week!

1 comment: