January 24, 2010

Absolutely Alice, of course you can get a Grape Pop if you're as Mad As a Hatter!

Yeah, you're probably wondering, 'WTH did you do to your nails?' Well, the truth is I got these 3 colors on the same day and couldn't decide which to use first. I wanted to use them all at the same time, but didn't want to do skittles. So, I thought, why not do something a bit more creative? I was initially going to do a funky french, but remembered that I suck at doing even lines. So I settled on this idea. It actually looked a lot neater in my head. But the truth is, I LOVE the combination of glitter and cremes. Of course it does help that both Mad as a Hatter and Absolutely Alice are gorgeous!



And here was my NOTD from before the experimental craziness. RBL's Starfish Patrick. I have to say, I wasn't too thrilled with the formula/application on this one. I do love the way it looks against my skin tone. But the fact is I used 3 coats here on top of RBL's base coat (my HG). It's shiny enough, but the polish itself, unlike most RBL polishes was lacking in the opacity department. A lot of the RBL polishes I own are one to two coaters for no VNL. But I've found that Square Pants and Starfish Patrick (pictured below) need more coats to get an even opaque color. And even then, with 3 coats you can still sort of see my nail line.


Overall, still a gorgeous color in my opinion. It reminds me of cantaloupes and summer! I'm not at all ashamed to admit that a woman of my age with 3 kids was drawn to colors like these. Yes, I did join in on the Alice in Wonderland craze and yes I did buy the Spongebob and Patrick RBLs cause I thought my kids would get a kick out of them. But the truth is, all that aside, the nail polishes are still wonderful and I probably would have gotten them regardless. Until next time, thanks for looking and have a great day! :D

-Angel

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if you read these old comments, but I just had to write!

    LOVE, the combination of Grape Pop, AA and Mad as a Hatter :) Absolutely stylish!

    And I was happy that I found your blog! Very beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete